OK, so here goes, this is my very first blog! I'm a bit behind the eight ball, so to speak, when it comes to blogging, but i hope over the next week to get myself fully up to speed. This is actually my second attempt at blogging, as i somehow managed to "lose" my original blogger page. Hopeless, i know! I have no idea what email address or password i registered it under! Anyway, welcome to Emma's Blogs, take 2, where I will do my best to present my interpretations pertaining to key ideologies within Virtual Cultures. This is because I think blogging is an absolutely essential skill in todays convergent networked society, especially for a media studies student.
But enough about that, this blog is designed to tell you all about me. In order to do so, I've decided to cheat a bit, and lift my 'about me' section completely from my myspace profile! But this decision is entirely justified - My myspace 'about me' gives insight into my ethics, morals and values - key factors when it comes to judging suitable alliances, accomplices, friends and foes in online communities, places where income, education and material wealth are not nearly as important.
So here goes - About Me!
My Name is Emma Elise Brosnan and I'm not perfect.
I really don’t think anyone is. I'm a work in progress - growing, learning and changing everyday. I'm a very open person if you know me. If you don't, I can be very shy. I trust easily, but I find it harder to forgive and forget when you have wronged me. However I think that one of the most important qualities everyone should have is the ability to acknowledge when you're wrong, and apologise. A hug and a 'sorry' go a long way to regaining trust.
I don't believe in hate, if something bad happened to me tomorrow, then I would rather die at peace with everyone. Everyone deserves at least a second chance; people who are special to you deserve more. I believe that to be the best person you can be, you should never judge a book by its cover, and try and be pleasant and sweet to everyone, no matter what mood you're in. There is never any need to bring anyone else down to your level. I can never condone violence, and I’m not a violent person. I try to be the best person a can be everyday. As much as I try not to, there are people who I dislike, but my opinion of them is open to change. I admire people who can get along with everyone 100% of the time, regardless.
I have lived, I have loved, I have known independence, the pain of rejection, and the strength of a true friendship. I think I’m tough, but I’m really very fragile, both physically and mentally. Say a cross word to me, and if I really care about what you think of me, then I’ll probably start crying. Push me over and I’ll probably break a bone.
Some people are far too full of their own self-importance. At times I can be self-indulgent, but I try never to be self-centred. Compromise is a word and an action that I value highly.
I have goals and dreams, and I will work to try and achieve them. Set no goals, and you'll never experience failure, however, you'll also never experience success. It bothers me that people aren't willing to work to get to where they want to be, but then they whinge and whine when they can't get there. It also annoys me when you care more about someone than they seemingly care about themselves. We all have so much potential, some people just have a hard time realising there value in society. There is a beautiful person waiting to shine within everyone.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Welcome to eBro's World
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment